Partner, Supreme Court Attorney
- Post graduate degree (DEA) in Private Law, University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas)
- Graduate of the Paris Institut d’Études Politiques, Public Service section
- Graduate of the European Communities University
- Successfully completed the certification examination for admission to practice before the Council of State and the Court of Cassation (CAPAC)
- Second Secretary of the pleading competition for counsel admitted to practice before the Council of State and the Court of Cassation (1985)
- Auditor, National Defense Higher Education Institute (IHEDN), 2005-2006 national session, CASTEX class
All matters within the jurisdiction of the Council of State and the Court of Cassation, in particular:
- Public business law
- Economic regulation
- Competition law
- Broadcasting law
- Real estate and urban planning law
- Tax law
- Social economy law
- European Union law
- U.S. law
François-Henri Briard is a Knight of the Legion of Honor, an Officer of the National Order of Merit and a Knight of the Palmes Académiques.
He was a member of the Governing Board of the Bar of the French Supreme Courts (2003-2005).
François-Henri Briard was a trustee of Sarah Lawrence College in New York for eight years. He is President of the Institut Vergennes, a member of the U.S. Supreme Court Historical Society and an honorary member of the Society of the Cincinnati and of the Sons of the American Revolution. He is also an expert with the Federalist Society, a U.S. think tank that focuses on constitutional and judicial issues (https://www.fed-soc.org/experts/detail/franois-henri-briard).
He is a member of the Institute of Consulting Tax Attorneys (IACF) and an associate member of the Academy of Moral Sciences, Letters and Arts of Versailles and Ile de France.
He is a member of the French Navy civilian reserve with the rank of frigate captain and has been awarded a medal by the voluntary military services. On behalf of the Firm, he received the Military Reserve Prize (2011).
- Witholding tax: EU Court of Justice v. French Supreme Court, July 2018
- European Court of Justice and Security Services: an emerging conflict?, January 2018
- French Council of State, Rule of law, and tax litigation, Journal spécial des sociétés, October 2017
- French elections : composition of the government, Le Journal spécial des sociétés, May 2017
- Presidential elections and judicial power, March 2017
- Practicing before the Constitutional Council in France: which role for the lawyer?, February 2017
- French Conseil d’Etat before the EU Court of Justice: will a quarrel between judges take place?, January 2017
- 33rd edition of French Notaries University: between tradition and modernity, Le Journal spécial des sociétés, October 2016
- France: is it possible to ban the burkini?, Le Point, August 2016
- Burkini ban suspended in France: a measured and wide decision, Le Cercle des Echos, August 2016
- Justice in the 21st century, La Lettre des Juristes d’Affaires, September 2015
- Preliminary constitutionality issues in France: 2010-2015 overview, Le Monde du Droit, May 2015